Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How's Your Eye? Ask the Munsell Hue Test

How's your eye for color? Is it as good as you think it is? I found this test on ye olde Internet today and while my eye is pretty good, its not as good as I thought it would be. I got a 12. Being a bit of a color snob, while I didn't expect perfect, I would have liked to have been single digit.

Of course, I'd like to blame it on my computer screen. But honestly-blue/green colors have always been a weird point for me. My exhusband constantly swore that my piece-of-crap car was green and it was as blue as could be to my eyes.

What is this thing? This is an online version of the Farnsworth-Munsell 100Hue Test which is used to separate persons with normal color vision into classes of superior, average and low color discrimination and to measure the zones of color confusion of color defective people. This test has been used in one form or another for over 40 years.

So-take a swing at it and let me know how you do.

No comments: